The Plague is a fiercely devoted Killer to the Entity and was introduced to Dead by Daylight alongside her Survivor, Jane Romero back in March 2019 with the chapter Demise of the Faithful. The Plague is a short-ranged killer that uses her own vomit to infect Survivors with a disease.
For those who want to play the Plague, they’ll need to learn patience and how best to use her power effectively. To do so, we’ve created a fine and dandy guide that’ll allow players to understand how to use The Plague’s perks, her powers, add-ons, as well as some tips and tricks to make your Trials a lot sicker.
Dead By Daylight The Plague perks
The Plague has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
At the start of the Trial, 3 Generators located furthest from you are blocked by the Entity and cannot be interacted with for 80/100/120 seconds.
Hitting your Obsession with a Basic Attack causes them to emit a Terror Radius of 32 metres for the next 20/25/30 seconds. As for you, you gain the Undetectable status effect.
When you down a Survivor, all other Survivors within your Terror Radius scream and reveal their location for 4/5/6 seconds.
What is the best build and perks for The Plague?
We would go with the following perks for the Best possible Plague Build:
Corrupt Intervention (The Plague Perk)
At the start of the Trial, the 3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for several seconds.
Call of Brine (The Onryo Perk)
After performing the Damage Generator Action on a Generator. This perk will activate for 60 seconds.
The Generator that you damage will have its aura highlighted with a yellow color and regresses at 150/175/200% of the usual regression speed.
Corrupt Intervention (The Plague Perk)
At the start of the trial, three generators located the furthest from you will be blocked by The Entity for 120 seconds. Players will not be able to repair these generators for the whole duration.
Blocked generators will be highlighted with a white aura.
No Way Out (The Trickster Perk)
This perk will receive one token for each survivor that you hook for the first time.
No Way Out will activate once the Exit Gates have been powered. When a survivor activates an Exit Gate, a loud noise notification will be emitted and the Entity will block the Exit Gate switches for 12 seconds with additional time that scales with your tokens.
Dead By Daylight The Plague powers
The Plague’s power is called Vile Purge. While The Plague does have a weapon (Profane Censer) her power grants her the ability to projectile bloody vomit at Survivors and infect them. Her vomit clings to Generators, Vaults, Pallets, and even Lockers, meaning that if Survivors touch these objects they’ll begin to get sick.
Survivors have a Sickness meter that will continue to increase each time they are hit with The Plague’s Vile Purge, interact with objects with sick on them, or interact with other Survivors who are also sick. Once sick, Survivors will also vomit at random intervals.
Once a Survivor’s Sickness meter reaches 100%, they’ll become Injured and gain the Broken status effect - making them unable to heal unless they interact with a Pool of Devotion. A Pool of Devotion cleanses the Survivor of all sickness but corrupts that Pool with Sickness that The Plague can interact with to get her other special ability: Corrupt Purge.
When The Plague interacts with a corrupted Pool of Devotion, she gains Corrupt Purge. This transforms her green, bloody vomit into a black colour and allows her vomit to instantly knock Survivor’s down a health state - from Healthy to Injured, from Injured to Dying.
Best add-ons for The Plague in Dead By Daylight
The Plague has some incredibly strong add-ons that make her a force to be reckoned with from even the smartest Survivors out there. Just remember, if you’re going to cleanse then you better make sure you don’t screw your friends in the process, because these add-ons are nutty!
An Iridescent add-on that reveals Survivor’s Aura’s to The Plague for 6 seconds when they vomit. An incredibly strong add-on that can reveal Survivors across the map, no matter how big it is, and let you know where they are to dosh out some Corrupt Purge on their sorry existence.
One of the most important things about The Plague is getting players sick incredibly quickly so that they can’t heal. Vile Emetic increases the effectiveness of your Vile Purge and can absolutely decimate Survivors fast if you manage to land your shots on your prey. Pair it with Severed Toe and get to work on those pesky Survivors.
The Plague starts a Trial with 1 Pool of Devotion already corrupted. With Blessed Apple however, The Plague starts with 2 corrupted Pools of Devotion, instead. That can be incredibly powerful if you’ve got a Perk that lets you see Survivors near the start of the Trial and already know where your corrupted pools are. They won’t know what’s hit them! Can also work with the add-on Ashen Apple, too.
Moderately decreases the cooldown of Vile Purge, as well as increases the Movement Speed of The Plague while charging the Vile Purge. This is great for pairing with Vile Emetic, as you can increase the rate at which you can get Survivors sick and as such, slow down the progression of the Trial quite a lot.
Dead By Daylight The Plague tips and Tricks
- If you want a full slowdown build, equip The Plague with Thanatophobia, Hex: Ruin, Corrupt Intervention, and to be really tasty about the whole thing, No Way Out. Generator progression is slow, healing is non-existent and you want to get those Exit Gates open? Cute.
- Force Survivors to take Vaults, run through Pallets and go through Windows because those are the most opportune locations for The Plague to use her Vile/Corrupt Purge and either get the Survivors sick or put them into the Injured/Dying state.
- If you’re certain that Survivors are near a Generator but are unable to find them, vomit on the Generator and then when their icon turns green (to signal sickness) then you can return and have an easier job of finding them.
- Infect all the Survivors as early as possible. If you’ve got strong early game perks like Corrupt Intervention then go out of your way to leave a Chase if need be to infect a healthy Survivor, and keep on going if necessary. The more Survivors you infect, the more they’ll wonder if they should cleanse or not.
- Black Incense and any sort of Apple add-on will lead to huge amounts of salt from Survivors, but it’s oh so worth it. You’ll be able to see the Aura’s of Survivors who vomit, and you’ll be able to grab a corrupted Pool of Devotion to go to town on these pesky Survivors.
- Switch between vomiting on Survivors and hitting them. While it is genuinely better to make Survivors sick, if a Survivor runs straight into you then hit them with your Basic Attack instead. You just need to shake it up.