"The Legion" is one of Dead by Daylight's coolest Killers - well, a band of Killers actually. Introduced in 2018, this stabby gang of tight-knit Killers remains a great choice in 2023.
The Legion is an easy killer to master, but some people might still find it hard to use them. So to help you out, here is a look at the best perks, add-ons, and several tips and tricks to help you become the best Legion player you can be.
For more, check out our Dead By Daylight killers tier list to see where each character ranks, as well as the best Demogorgon build available. That's on top of some Dead By Daylight codes you can redeem right now!
Dead By Daylight Legion perks
The Legion has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the bloodweb.
- Discordance - Generators that are being repaired by two or more Survivors will be revealed to the Legion and will be revealed with a loud noise and yellow aura.
- Iron Maiden - The Legion opens lockers at a faster rate of 30/40/50%. Survivors who leave lockers will suffer from the Exposed status effect and reveal their location for four seconds.
- Mad Grit - Hitting a Survivor will pause their wiggling progression for 2/3/4 seconds.
What are the best build & perks for Legion
We would go with the following perks for the best possible Legion build:
Discordance (Legion perk)
Any generator that is being repaired by two or more Survivors will be revealed with a yellow aura and emit a loud noise notification.
Corrupt Intervention (The Plague perk)
At the start of the trial, the three farthest generators from the Legion will be blocked for 80/100/120 seconds.
Bamboozle (The Clown perk)
After vaulting a window, it will be blocked by the Entity for 8/12/16 seconds. This perk will also increase the Legion's Vaulting speed by 5/10/15%
Surveillance (The Pig perk)
Auras of regressing generators will be shown in white. On the other hand, generators that got their regression progress interrupted will be revealed with a yellow aura.
Dead By Daylight Legion powers
The Legion's power is called Feral Frenzy. Once Feral Frenzy is triggered the Legion receives additional movement speed, can vault pallets and windows, and perform feral slash. When survivors are hit with a feral slash, they are injured and will suffer from the deep wound status effect. Other survivors within The Legion's terror radius after a successful feral slash will have their location revealed via Killer's Instinct.
If the Legion misses a survivor while using a feral slash or if the survivor already has the deep wound status effect, Feral Frenzy will end immediately and the Legion will be briefly stunned.
Best add-ons for the Legion in Dead By Daylight
The Legion's best add-ons are ones that increase the time they are allowed to be in their Feral Frenzy state and reduce its cooldown.
Not only does the Legion's terror radius affect the entire map, but any pallets you vault are immediately broken. This great add-on adds map pressure by destroying pallets and instantly lets the Legion know wherever the survivors are.
Considerably decreases the cooldown of Feral Frenzy, giving you more chances to use it effectively.
The Legion Pin
Hitting a Survivor with this add-on highlighted by Feral Frenzy applies the broken status effect for 60 seconds. This is particularly effective if you’re trying to prevent the Survivors from healing one another and putting pressure on your prey.
An add-on that considerably increases the range of Killer Instinct once you've hit a Survivor with your feral slash. This is very useful on both small and big maps and should probably be matched with an add-on that'll increase the duration of your Feral Frenzy so you can get the full extent of The Legion's abilities.
Dead By Daylight Legion tips and tricks
- The Legion thrives on keeping the survivors at bay. Due to the Legion's power and best perks, pursuing survivors and monitoring the generators are your best bet to use this killer effectively.
- Use Feral Frenzy wisely. It is a really strong power that needs a little bit of strategizing. Camp near generators and save the Legion's power for the right time.
- Be unpredictable. The Legion thrives on the early to mid-game, and tricking the Survivors into repairing the generators is a great way to catch them off guard.
- Use Feral Frenzy to its fullest. Maximize the additional speed and swift vaults to catch Survivors roaming around the map. Not only that, but Killer Instinct is also a great way to hunt the Survivors with Feral Frenzy.
That's all you need to know about the best Legion builds in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved.