How to get a Warzone 2 nuke is a question on the minds of players dropping into the battle royale. In addition to a Cluster Strike and a UAV, this game-changing killstreak gives Warzone 2 players the opportunity to obliterate the entirety of Al Mazrah.
With Season 3 Reloaded nearing, scoring a nuke remains the highest achievement other than earning a win due to its immense difficulty. Even when using guns that feature in the meta, it's still a tricky task.
Does Warzone 2 have a nuke?
Those attending an exclusive Infinity Ward event confirm Warzone 2 does have a nuke killstreak much to the surprise of fans eagerly waiting for their chance to play the game once it launches.
Just like the nuke in Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, the streak destroys the entire map and any players remaining.
How to get a Warzone 2 nuke killstreak
The process of scoring a nuke in Warzone 2 requires players to score five games in a row. Here's the exact unlock method needed to destroy Al Mazrah:
- Win five games in a row.
- Drop into the next game to begin the champion's quest.
- Search the map for three Warzone symbols. They'll be close together.
- Wait for the objective bar to fill up until they reveal the location of a new element then collect the Beryllium element.
- This triggers a golden Most Wanted contract for the remainder of the match.
- Search and collect Plutonium. You'll suffer radiation damage for the rest of the match while carrying the element.
- Collect Tritium. Once collected, it will scramble your radar for the remainder of the game.
- Next, wait for the bomb site to appear. It will appear in the fourth circle.
- A plane will fly overhead, drop the bomb site, and trigger a five-minute timer.
- Head to the bomb site and assemble the nuke. This triggers a two-minute countdown.
- The countdown alerts the nuke is now armed. Defend it until the timer runs out and the nuke will bring the game to an early end.
Warzone 2 killstreaks
Alongside the nuke, we know that Warzone 2 will contain an extensive range of killstreaks capable of turning the tide of a match. UAVs and Cluster Strikes make a return but information on other streaks remains a mystery.
It's safe to say none will have the same kind of destructive power as the nuke which will bring a match to an early end.
Warzone 2 Season 3 Reloaded start date
The Warzone 2 cycle is now in its second half but we're still waiting for intel on when Season 3 Reloaded commences. Based on when the halfway point of Season 3 falls, we expect the mid-season update to launch on May 10. If this changes, we'll update the guide with everything you need to know.
That's all there is to know about the Warzone 2 nuke killstreak. For more on the battle royale, take a look at our guides showcasing our early predictions on the best Warzone 2 sniper rifle and intel on the first Warzone 2 double XP event.