Brought to Dead by Daylight by the Entity from the horrors of Raccoon City, the Nemesis is one of the few killers that are brought into the game from other series. The Nemesis has a flexible attack style that will surely make the survivors run for their lives.
His abilities and power are a mix between the Plague and the Executioner, and it might be hard to get the hang of him at first. Don't fret since this guide contains his best perks and add-ons, as well as some tips and tricks that'll send your prey running for the hills.
We've also got the best Leatherface build for another killer based on a popular horror franchise. That's alongside an overall Dead By Daylight killers tier list, as well as some free codes for you to redeem.
Dead By Daylight the Nemesis killer perks
The Nemesis has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the bloodweb.
At the start of a Trial, all of the survivors aura’s are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
When you put a survivor into an injured state, other injured survivors will suffer from the oblivious status effect for 20/25/30 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
A yellow aura will appear when a generator is kicked. When a survivor is put into the dying state, all generators affected by this perk will explode and will instantly be regressed by 10% of their maximum progression. Survivors will then scream when they decide to repair the generator.
What are the best builds and perks for the Nemesis?
We would go with the following perks for the best possible build for The Nemesis:
Discordance (The Legion perk)
Any generator being repaired by two or more survivors within 64/96/128 meters will be revealed, trigger a loud noise notification, and marked by a yellow aura.
Surveillance (The Pig perk)
All generators that are regressing will be revealed with a white aura. If the regression is interrupted, the generator will be highlighted with a yellow aura for 8/12/16 seconds.
Lethal Pursuer (The Nemesis perk)
The auras of all survivors will be revealed to the Nemesis at the start of the match for 7/8/9 seconds. This perk will also extend the duration of aura reveals for two seconds.
Merciless Storm (The Onryo perk)
Survivors will face challenging skill checks whenever a generator is repaired to 90%. If they miss one or stop repairing, the generator will be blocked for 16/18/20 seconds.
Dead By Daylight the Nemesis power
The Nemesis’ power is called The T-Virus, which grants the Nemesis two unique abilities: tentacle strike and the ability to spawn zombies. Nemesis also gains tiers like Michael Myers, which increases his power the higher it goes.
When using a tentacle strike, Nemesis whips out a tentacle from his hand that he can use to hit survivors. Survivors who are hit will be covered with blue liquid, starts to cough, and are briefly hindered. The survivors who are in this state means that they are infected and must use a vaccine chest in order to heal themselves. If you strike a survivor who is already contaminated, they’ll become injured but will still suffer from the hindered status effect.
Hitting survivors and zombies with your tentacle strike will also increase your mutation rate and, as such, will help you gain the power to get to tier two and tier three. Different tiers will also affect what your tentacle strike can do. At tier two, the tentacles now smash breakable walls and pallets. Tier three increases the striking range of the tentacle strike.
The T-Virus also introduces zombies, which spawn into the trial after 12 seconds. Zombies can block off pallets, loops, vaults, windows, chests, and generators. The zombies will also attack survivors within their range and contaminate them. However, survivors will be put into a dying state if they are attacked by a zombie when they are contaminated.
Dead By Daylight The Nemesis best add-ons
The Nemesis' best add-ons are ones that affect the mutation rate that you gain when you hit survivors or zombies with your T-Virus Tentacle Strike. This helps his power increase to tier three at a faster rate and makes him a killer to be feared.
This add-on considerably increases the mutation rate when you use your tentacle strike on a zombie. This add-on makes it a lot simpler to upgrade your power and get to tier three much faster.
Like the T-Virus sample, This add-on moderately increases the mutation rate gained when you use your tentacle strike on a survivor.
Broken Recovery Coin
This add-on takes away another vaccine chest, making it even harder for the survivors to get vaccinated.
After a zombie is destroyed, you become undetectable for 15 seconds. Because of this, you can destroy your own zombies and use them to your advantage to gain stealth.
Dead By Daylight the Nemesis tips and tricks
- The Nemesis slows down when he uses his tentacle strike. Smart survivors will be able to tell when you’re going to use it. With that in mind, be patient when it comes to striking survivors as they’ll be trying to dodge the strike.
- Striking survivors through windows, pallets, and other vault locations are probably the best ways to surprise and infect them.
- If you see a zombie while chasing a survivor, try your best to herd that survivor towards the zombie as best as you can. Zombies are slow (unless you buff them with an add-on) but they are absolutely lethal when it comes to getting in the way of survivor’s loops.
- Get your mutation power to tier two as fast as possible. Once you get to that tier you can successfully hit survivors through a pallet and break it at the same time. It’s incredibly useful, and if you’re having a hard time trying to find survivors, you can use your tentacle strike on your Zombies instead.
- Don’t use your tentacle strike all the time. While it is better to contaminate survivors, they can dodge your strikes with ease. Give them basic attacks instead. You’ll get your chance to contaminate them later in the match.
- The Nemesis is a tall killer, so don’t bother trying to trick survivors to go to pallets or other locations where there are no line-of-sight blockers. Just commit to the chase and break as many pallets as possible while you’re at it.
That's all you need to know about the best the Nemesis build in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved. In the meantime, check out the killers we wish to see in Dead by Daylight soon, or some games like DBD for when you need a break.