Ghost Face was added to Dead by Daylight all the way back in June 2019 but continues to prove popular in 2023. The Ghost Face is a figure that’s widely recognizable for any horror fans out there, but this Killer is unique in comparison to the renditions in the Scream films.
We've collected Ghost Face's best perks and add-ons, and explained what makes them great for Ghost Face, to make it easier to hunt for survivors. A collection of the best tips and tricks will also be included in this handy guide.
If you want to learn more about other killers, check out our best Artist build guide, as well as an overall Dead By Daylight killers tier list. We've also got the latest Dead By Daylight codes for a couple of extra freebies.
Ghost Face perks in Dead By Daylight
The Ghost Face has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
I’m All Ears
A Survivor performing a Rushed Action within 48 metres of your location has their Aura revealed for 6 seconds. The cooldown for the perk is 60/50/40 seconds.
After picking up a downed Survivor, all Generators not being worked on will be blocked by the Entity for 16 seconds. Auras of blocked Generators are highlighted in white. The cooldown for the perk is 100/80/60 seconds.
Every time you hook your Obsession, you gain 1 Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4. When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from the Hook, that Survivor becomes the new Obsession. You lose all Tokens once the Obsession is Sacrificed or Killed.
What are the best build and perks for Ghost Face in 2023?
We would go with the following perks for the Best possible Ghost Face Build:
Lethal Pursuer (The Nemesis Perk)
At the start of the Trial, all the survivors will have an aura that reveals them for 9 seconds. Lethal Pursuer will also increase the duration of other aura-reading abilities by 2 seconds.
Nowhere to Hide (The Knight Perk)
Kicking a generator will reveal survivors' auras within a 24-metre radius for 5 seconds.
Call of The Brine (The Onryo Perk)
A Hex that will greatly affect the repair progress of the generators. Once a generator is damaged, it regresses at 150/175/200% speed and will be revealed in a yellow aura.
Infectious Fright (The Plague Perk)
Whenever a Survivor is put into the Dying State by any means, all other Survivors within your Terror Radius will scream and reveal their current location to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face powers
The Ghost Face’s power is called Night Shroud. When the Night Shroud is activated via the power button, The Ghost Face gains the Undetectable status effect. This allows you to move through the map, undetected and with no Terror Radius. Because of this, you’re able to sneak up on suspecting Survivors and use your other abilities: Stalk and Crouch.
The Ghost Face uses Stalk to grow in power and then, after fully filling the Stalk meter (which is easier to do if you lean and Stalk), marks the Survivor. This makes them Exposed - meaning you can hit them one and put them into the Dying State. You’re unable to Stalk until you’re using your Night Shroud ability.
The Crouch ability makes sneaking up on Survivors much easier, though much like The Pig, the use of Crouch decreases The Ghost Face’s Movement Speed to 3.6m/s.
However, there are still ways to be broken out of your Night Shroud. If you use your Basic Attack then the Night Shroud is immediately broken, but if Survivors reveal you by looking at you directly then you also lose your power.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face best add-ons
The Ghost Face works best with add-ons that increase his Night Shroud recovery time, as well as increase the speed of his Stalk meter - whether that be by leaning and stalking or just stalking from afar. Anything that lets The Ghost Face do either of these things is powerful and should generally be added to your build.
This add-on will make it harder for dying survivors to reveal Ghost Face, which makes it easier for Ghost Face to stalk more enemies.
Outdoor Security Camera
The Outdoor Security Camera will make it easier to stalk all of the survivors. This add-on marks a survivor when it is in a dying state, which allows Ghost Face to see survivors outside his terror radius.
Like Chewed Pen, this add-on will make it harder for survivors to reveal Ghost Face. Survivors who are hooked will take extra 3 seconds to reveal Ghost Face.
Ghost Face Caught on Tape
This Ghost Face add-on will make it easier for Ghost Face to hunt. Ghost Face Caught On Tape will reveal the aura of every survivor for 7 seconds whenever Ghost Face downs a marked survivor into the Dying State.
Dead By Daylight Ghost Face tips and tricks
- Leaning and stalking will make you Stalk Survivors a lot faster than if you stalk while simply standing or crouching out in the open. The faster you stalk, the less time Survivors have to break you out of your Night Shroud.
- Don’t Stalk Survivors from a huge distance. While it can be helpful to Stalk them to a certain point (99% of Stalk), if you Mark them from far away they’ll know that you’re coming to get them and can make a huge amount of distance. It’s always best to be moderate with stalking distance.
- If possible, 99% Survivors Stalk meters, and if you’re certain that you can’t down them now because they aren’t in a good place (aka a very strong loop or Pallet) then don’t Mark them. Instead, wait for a more opportune moment.
- This may sound obvious but don’t bother Stalking Survivors that are already injured if you can just go up to them and slash at them with a Basic Attack. Stalking them just wastes precious time and is ultimately only helpful if you, again, use it just to 99% them.
- Activating your Night Shroud while in Chase can be effective in confusing the Survivor you’re after because of your lack of a Terror Radius as well as your Red Stain. This can give you the advantage in a Chase if you use it right, but remember that smart Survivors might not be at all fooled.
- Like all Stealth Killers, look a little away from the Generator you’re sneaking up on, just in case the Survivors have Spine Chill and move off the Generator before you can get a hit on them.
That's all you need to know about the best The Ghost Face builds in Dead by Daylight.